Terms and Conditions
1. You must have a valid overnight street parking permit in order to park your vehicle overnight on designated Overnight Permit Parking Streets ONLY in East Orange. THERE IS NO OVERNIGHT PARKING ON ANY OTHER STREETS. (A list of Overnight Permit Parking Streets can be found in the Overnight Street Parking Permit section of the website. (PERMIT IS VALID FROM 2 AM TO 6 AM ONLY) FOR DAYTIME PARKING YOU MUST ADHERE TO ANY PARKING RULES INDICATED ON STREET SIGNS.
(OVERNIGHT PARKING OF COMMERCIAL VEHICLES ON THE STREET AND IN EAST ORANGE MUNICIPAL LOTS IS PROHIBITED) VIOLATORS WILL BE TICKETED AND TOWED AT THE VEHICLE OWNER’S EXPENSE.
2. In order to purchase an Annual Overnight Street Parking Permit, you must be a resident of East Orange. Once you complete the online application it will be reviewed within approximately 2 business days by EOPA staff. An email will be sent to the email you provide approving your application to proceed with payment or rejecting it for missing information. Once your purchase is complete YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE TEMPORARY PERMIT AND PLACE IT ON THE MIDDLE OF YOUR DASHBOARD WHERE ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS CAN SEE THE PERMIT INFORMATION TO AVOID BEING TICKETED AND OR TOWED at the vehicle owner’s expense. YOU SHOULD RECEIVE YOUR PERMANENT HANG TAG VIA US POSTAL MAIL WITHIN 7 TO 10 BUSINESS DAYS. PUT THE HANG TAG ON YOUR REARVIEW MIRROR WITH THE PERMIT NUMBER AND EXPIRATION FACING THE WINDSHIELD AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE IT, and before your temporary permit expires (which will be indicated on the temporary permit) to avoid being ticketed and or towed at the vehicle owner’s expense. If you do not receive your permanent hang tag in the mail within 7 to 10 business days contact the East Orange Parking Authority immediately by calling (973) 672-1116.
Overnight Street Parking permits are not prorated, refundable, transferable, and not valid if the Hang Tag is not displayed in your vehicle when parking overnight on the street in East Orange. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Once your permit expires you will need to purchase another overnight street parking permit, and provide the necessary documentation as stated above in order to continue to park overnight on the street without being ticketed, and or towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
Your Overnight Street Parking Permit Hang Tag must be hung and displayed on the rearview mirror, with the Hang Tag number, year the Hang Tag is valid for, and the East Orange Parking Authority Logo facing the front windshield when parking on the street overnight. Failure to hang/display the Hang Tag on the rearview mirror as instructed may result in your vehicle being ticketed, and or towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
3. The vehicle you purchase the overnight street parking permit for must be operational, registered, and insured at all times in order to be parked overnight on the street. If your vehicle does not meet these requirements it will be ticketed and towed off the street at the vehicle owner’s expense.
4. You may not leave an abandoned vehicle parked on the street at any time. An overnight street parking permit does not allow you to leave your abandoned vehicle on the street. Any abandoned vehicle parked on the street in East Orange will be ticketed and towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
5. You must adhere to all parking rules, times and alternate side of the street parking rules indicated on the street you are parked (THERE IS NO PARKING ON ROADS THAT ARE SNOW COVERED) during snow events a list of alternate parking locations in Municipal Lots will be made available via the East Orange Parking Authority and the City of East Orange Website) NOTE!! ALL EAST ORANGE MUNICIPAL LOTS ARE PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK. We (East Orange Parking Authority and the City of East Orange) ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFT OR DAMAGE TO ANY VEHICLE PARKED IN EAST ORANGE MUNICIPAL LOTS.
6. When filling out the overnight street parking permit application online you must enter the correct requested information on the application. Failure to do so may result in your vehicle being ticketed and towed off the street at the vehicle owner’s expense.
The East Orange Parking Authority is not responsible for any ticketing, and or towing resulting from omissions, and or errors made by the person filling out the overnight street parking permit application.
Please review your receipt immediately for any omissions, and or errors.
If you notice any incorrect information on your overnight street parking permit receipt you must notify the East Orange Parking Authority immediately so that corrections can be made. Failure to notify the East Orange Parking Authority of any errors may result in your vehicle being ticketed, and or towed off the street at the vehicle owner’s expense.
7. The East Orange Parking Authority is not responsible for negotiating with the tow company regarding the release of your vehicle as a result of any errors, and or omissions made by the person who filled out the overnight street permit parking application.
8. If you park your vehicle overnight on the street, or in an East Orange Municipal Lot you are parking at your own risk. The East Orange Parking Authority, and the City of East Orange is not responsible for any theft, and or damage that may occur to any vehicle while it is parked overnight on the street, or in an East Orange Municipal Lot.
By checking this box and clicking I agree you acknowledge that you have read, fully understand and accept these Overnight Street Parking Permit terms and conditions